Trans Tool Shed is available to lead a variety of trainings and workshops around transgender, gender non-binary, and sexuality topics. Our staff have conducted trainings in a variety of settings, including businesses, health care facilities, churches, non-profit organizations, law-enforcement agencies, colleges and universities, and conferences.
Some of the trainings we offer are listed below:
Understanding Gender Diversity/"Trans and Non-Binary 101"
- Understanding Non-Binary Gender Identities
- Creating Organizations That Welcome Gender Diversity
- Providing Welcoming and Affirming Health Care Services for Trans and Gender Non-Binary People
- Supporting Gender Transitions in the Workplace
- Building LGBTQIA+ Affirming Congregations
- Language Matters: Evolving Language in LGBTQIA+ Communities
We also offer trainings in sexual health and sexuality education that center the experiences of LGBTQIA+ people and communities.
- The Anatomy of Pleasure: Trans, Non-Binary, and Intersex Inclusive Sexuality Education
- Sexual Health for Trans and Non-Binary People
Finally, we offer both introductory and advanced trainings in understanding gender expression tools and transition-related products. These sessions can be useful both for trans people as well as for care providers who work with trans populations, and can be catered to the knowledge level and specific needs of the audience.
- Tools for Gender Expression: Let’s Talk About Feminizing Products
- Tools for Gender Expression: Let’s Talk About Masculinizing Products
If you are interested in a trans-related topic that you do not see here, feel free to contact us-- we may be able to accommodate your request, or suggest another resource who might better be able to meet your needs.
You can request a training by completing and submitting the form below. Please include the approximate date (or possible range of dates) that you would like to hold the training, the topic you'd like to cover, the size of the group, and any additional details you can provide about the organizational setting and the group's experience around trans, gender diverse, and intersex (TGDI) topics.
We will respond to training inquiries within 2 business days of receipt of the request.